Sunday, March 3, 2013

(Not So) Simple aagondh movie making Story....


Like any other day, I was on my way to office this morning listening to my favorite RJ Rachna on Radio City. Playing in the background of her lovely voice was the jingle ‘Hale Gujuri, hosa battery…’. It was a song from the latest, to-be released, movie ‘Simple aagondh Love Story’. On the show today was a special program promoting the movie. The deal of the day was that, you answer a ‘Simpleag ondh’ question she asks, and you can win couple tickets to the movie releasing this week. I was quite eager to participate & win the tickets, but I had already reached office by the time I could hear the question. Alas, my new phone doesn’t have FM either. So I couldn’t continue being hooked to the show.
However ever since I got out of the car, that jingle & the movie scenes have just been stuck in my mind. A lasting impression of all the movie promo images, the video trailer, the lyrics and the kicking dialogues. There is something about this movie, which makes them stand out in the crowd. To me the team is a great example of unconventional dare. They are probably marking a new era of film making & taking it to the public. Movie spend isn’t a highlight here at all. The first thing to start with was the 8-minute promo that they gave off at the Muhurta of the film shoot. Ever heard of anything like that? I agree that the video was probably a little too long, but haven’t you watched it in full & watched it again & shared too? I confess to have watched it atleast 10 times & once even today J. The credit doesn’t just stop there for being innovative. The movie is coming out in less than a week, not a single poster on the walls that I have seen, yet most of us know about it. Ever wondered how? I haven’t seen any other movie being marketed so well on Facebook, no other movie’s FB-page that is so active. A full length program on Radio City & giving away 1000 free movie tickets! All the new bowl media used so efficiently. I give a 10/10 for the marketing team of this movie.
Its not just the way the movie is being sold. There are some others in the team doing a great job too. The movie posters and the scenes are an eye candy. I have no clue what camera they are using or what lighting they have got, but the images makes me real happy. The most liked part of the promos until now are the dialogues. Slangy, pun intended parallel meant lines are really making the rounds. ‘Swarga rap antha pass aythu’ is, I am sure, what is running on your mind now. The songs, though, haven’t kept equal pace.
Although, all these have given quite a hype & set high expectations, they are enough only to keep the houses full for the first weekend at max. What can keep the movie on success lines is the actual story line by itself & that is a wait and watch. Personally though, I am set in with expectations and waiting for the movie. Deep within hoping for the success of the movie. Lets wish these folks luck, for their dare on not following the much driven old school path.
                

No comments:

Post a Comment